Oxygen (O2) is the third-most abundant element by mass in the universe after hydrogen (H2) and helium (He). It is also the most abundant element by mass in the Earth’s crust.
For living organisms, uptake of O2 from the air is the essential purpose of breathing. Oxygen plays a critical role in cellular respiration, which is the process of converting food into energy. An adult human at rest inhales 1.8 to 2.4 grams of O2 per minute.
Approximately 100 million tonnes of O2 is extracted from the air annually for industrial purposes. The steel industry uses more than half of this amount. The process of smelting iron ore into steel requires high pressure injection of O2 into the molten steel. This removes impurities from the steel.
The remaining industrially produced O2 is used by the chemical, medical, metal-working, aerospace, and water treatment industries.
Oxygen Gas Analyzer Models
Oxygen (O2) analysis is required in many of the industries and applications that are served by Nova Analytical Systems.
The intent of the analysis is sometimes to verify that there is low O2 content in a process. However, we can also provide O2 analyzers for combustion air O2 enrichment, flue gas analysis, oxygen deficiency analysis, and many more.
Our O2 sensor is of the long-life electrochemical “fuel cell” type. This sensor produces a small millivoltage output that is directly proportional to the oxygen detected. This output is then amplified and displayed on a digital readout meter and is also available as an output to your site data recorder. In some cases, we can offer PPM O2 ranges and paramagnetic O2 detectors, depending on the application.
Our analyzers can be supplied with a built-in sample pump or a pressure regulator to suit most applications.
Several different cabinet styles are available, depending on the application.
We manufacture these oxygen gas analyzer models:
- 320 Portable Oxygen in Flue Gas Analyzer
- 321 Portable Process Oxygen Analyzer
- 322 Transportable Paramagnetic Oxygen Analyser
- 325 Transportable Trace PPM Oxygen Analyzer
- 410 Continuous Oxygen Analyser
- 412 Continuous Paramagnetic Oxygen Analyzer
- 415 Continuous Trace PPM O2 Analyzer
- 510 Continuous Oxygen Deficiency Monitor
- 600 Portable Oxygen Deficiency Monitor
- 870 Series Continuous Steelmaking Process Analyzers
- 910 Series Continuous Landfill Gas Analyzers
- 970A Continuous Syngas Analyzer and Gasification Analyzer
- 5000 Series Portable Flue Gas Oxygen Analyzer
- 7200 Continuous Flue Gas Oxygen Analyzer System for Clean Gas
- 7900P Portable Industrial Oxygen Analyzer
- 7900 Continuous Industrial Oxygen Analyzer
Ready for the next step? Please contact our Sales team for more information.
Or to provide us with more information about your application, please complete our Application Questionnaire and our Sales team will follow up with you promptly.