Dew Point Analyzers
Nova Analytical Systems is a leading supplier of gas analysis equipment for use in industrial applications. For more than 40 years, we’ve been manufacturing and configuring affordable, high-quality gas analyzers that can be configured for use in a variety of specific environments. We offer a variety of dew point analyzers to provide continuous monitoring or spot checking of dew points in process systems and industrial equipment.
Dew Point Analyzers from Nova Analytical Systems
Our product line includes a variety of rugged dew point analyzers and multi-gas analyzers with dew point analysis functionality, such as:
Continuous Dew Point Analyzers
Specifically designed for dew point-only measurement, these analyzers offer continuous dew point analysis functionality for equipment that requires constant monitoring.
There are three ranges of analyzers under this category:
- 257 Series: Well-suited for applications that require general analysis and measurement for most common applications where contaminants or oils may be present.
- 253 Series: Provides low-range analysis of oil-free air, hydrogen/nitrogen atmospheres, and process gases.
- 7900 Series: Ideal for industrial process gases or any combination of heat treat atmospheric gases.
Portable Dew Point Analyzers
Portable dew point analyzers offer an ideal solution for spot checks, inspections, or other applications where continuous monitoring isn’t required. Nova Analytical Systems offers three types of portable dew point analyzers:
- 207 Series: For general measurement and analysis of heat treatment furnaces, compressed air systems, and systems with contaminants and oil.
- 203 Series: Provides low-range analysis of oil-free air, hydrogen/nitrogen atmospheres, and process gases.
- 7900P Series: Useful for any combination of heat treat atmospheric gases or hydrogen-based industrial processes.
Continuous Dew Point Analyzers for Hazardous Locations
We also offer continuous dew point analyzers for use in hazardous locations. These analyzers are rugged and specifically designed for use with process systems that use corrosive gases. Our product line of hazardous location dew point analyzers includes:
- 430DPL Series: Offers continuous analysis up to 100% hydrogen, as well as low range dew point analysis in hydrogen-cooled equipment, heat treatment furnaces, and hydrogen/nitrogen atmospheres.
- 7900 Series: Used for continuous analysis of dew point in any combination of heat treat atmosphere gases and a variety of industrial process gases.
Continuous Multi-Gas Analyzers with Dew Point
These multi-gas analyzers monitor a combination of heat treat atmosphere and industrial process gases. They also come fitted with standard-to-low-range dew point analyzers that work for all applicable gases, including oxygen, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane, hydrogen, ammonia, and more.
Continuous Multi-Gas Analyzers with Dew Point for Hazardous Locations
These rugged multi-gas analyzers are designed to operate under harsh conditions, such as exposure to toxic or corrosive gases. They work with a combination of heat treat atmosphere and industrial process gases and come fitted with standard-to-low-range dew point analyzers.
What is a Dew Point Analyzer?A dew point analyzer measures the saturation point of the air in a given application, which is the exact temperature at which water vapor will condense into liquid moisture on surfaces. Myriad applications rely on accurate dew point analysis, including a variety of volatile gas processes where precise control of moisture is essential. Excess moisture vapor can often cause severe equipment damage, shorten the service life of process systems and equipment, or interfere with chemical mixtures.
Working Principle of a Dew Point Analyzer
Dew point analyzers rely on an impedance-based humidity sensor. These sensors rely on an assembly constructed from a ceramic substrate that supports a thin hygroscopic layer sandwiched by two conductive layers. The top conductive layer is porous, allowing moisture to seep through into the hygroscopic layer. Since this hygroscopic layer is so thin—typically less than 0.1µ–it detects even miniscule changes in moisture. The changes in electrical impedance of the hygroscopic layer are measured and converted into usable humidity readings.
Contact Us for More Info About Dew Point Analysis
Nova Analytical Systems provides high quality dew point analyzers and multi-gas analyzers for an expansive range of industrial use cases. Please contact us or request a quote for more information on our products and capabilities.